Herbst Electric Company is here to promote the health and safety of workers through prevention and early intervention. We implement all aspects of the safety program which incorporates the protection of the company, company facilities, clients, and the general public. We follow strict guidelines according to OSHA and NFPA-70E.
- We have a full-time Safety Director to train and certify all employees; manage training via outside trainers, new employee’s orientation.
- Maintain all company reporting in compliance with Federal and State Laws, to include, but not limited to, OSHA 300A log, accident investigation.
- Maintain safety records and reports. Assist in completion of contractor prequalification.
- Participate in pre-construction meeting, construction meetings, and project management meetings.
- Develop site specific safety plans for projects.
- Conduct project safety audits to ensure program implementation.
- Communicate statistics and data, as needed, to support ongoing safety reports.
- Take an active role in the development of personnel, policies and procedures to anticipate and meet more stringent safety requirements of existing and potential clients.
- Serve as a liaison between the company and client's safety representatives, and as a public spokesperson regarding safety related matters.
- Investigate accidents and near misses and develops and implements corrective actions.
- Maintain current information on regulations and other statutory regulations.
- Develop and update safety manuals, tool box talks, and training materials.
- Manage drug testing program.
- Manage environmental compliance.
- Certified Trainer for OSHA 10 & 30 Hour Construction.
- Compliant in GHS / SDS data according to GHS Guideline.
- Confined Space Competent/Calibration of gas monitors and maintenance.